Monday, September 8, 2008

Shandong Dumpling House

I can't get enough of Shandong Dumpling House in Ashfield. For the past two months, its where Ive been every week for a lazy Sunday brunch. The place has all my favourite foods that I grew up eating. Its got a North-East Chinese style that's just like my mum's home cooking. Totally yum and also really really cheap! The food originally comes from a poor area so its all about wholesome flavours and nothing fancy...apparantly like Irish food I'm told.

Hand made dumplings: Anyone who grew up eating their parents dumplings at home would understand there is a huuuuge difference between handmade and machine made skin. Texture is completely different and hand made also tastes wholesome and delish. Also theres a difference between Northern and Southern Chinese dumplings. Northern is better. Its $7.50 a plate and this place gives huge servings..great value.
Candied Sweet Patatoe: This is the only place in Sydney that I know that has this. Just craving for this dish alone would be enough for me to come here every week. Look at that stringy toffee goodness. YUM. This is $15 a plate and I always finish it.

Hot and Sour Sliced Patatoe and Pork with Wrap: I obviously made up the name for this one because it's a made up dish. Its a special order just for me- this was one of my childhood faves. This dish is about $20 but its massive.

We always try to order a new dish each time and this one is Pork with some fried doughy batter. It's pretty plain, can't remember how much this one cost and it's not gonna become one of the regular dishes.

Partner in crime and fellow Shandong Dumpling House lover.

Signature me shot...
Constipated from eating only meat and carbs.

Mags xxoo

1 comment:

Gracie said...

HUNNNNNS! So glad you started blogging too! Keep reading and commenting on mine too :)
Gracie xxoo